INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons quinoa uncooked
- 120g roughly chopped almonds (or mixed nuts)
- 240g pitted dates fresh dates
- 80g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pre-heat your oven to 160c. Completely line a brownie tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine dates, honey, vanilla and water in a food processor and blend until a paste has formed.
- In a mixing bowl combine all other ingredients until they are well mixed.
- Stir in date mixture and combine until nuts and seeds are well coated. Very firmly press the mixture into the tin. I recommend using the back of a metal spoon that you’ve heated under a hot tap.
- Bake for approximately 30-45 minutes, or until toasty brown.
- Allow to cool before slicing with a sharp knife. This will store well in an airtight container for a few days at room temperature or can be frozen.
Note: If you do not have a food processor you can finely chop dates instead.
Adapted from Donna Hay