INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 tablespoons Moroccan spice mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 4 wholemeal small pitta pockets
- 4 Tablespoons Hummus
- 2 Tablespoons feta
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Arrange the eggplant on the lined tray. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil. Bake for 30 mins or until eggplant is tender.
- Meanwhile, place beef mince and remaining oil in pan. Cook until browned. Drain fat from the pan. Stir in spice mix and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Place 1 tablespoon hummus on each pita pocket and spread evenly. Top with mince, tomato, onion, eggplant, pepper spinach leaves and feta.
- Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes until warm crispy. Serve with extra side salad or vegetables.
Adapted from Healthy Food Guide