Perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner served with a side salad, sautéed vegetables or on a wrap.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 large beetroots, grated
- 2 large carrot, grated
- ½ cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander
- 1-2 eggs, whisked (depending on their size)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- Place the beetroot on a sheet of paper towel. Pat dry. Squeeze any excess liquid from grated carrot using paper towel or a sift.
- Combine the flour and cumin in a medium bowl. Add the carrot, mustard, onion, coriander, egg and pepper, and stir to combine. Gently stir in the beetroot.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook tablespoon sized fritters of mixture, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Serve with salad or vegetables of choice.