- 6 chicken breast
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 400ml tinned coconut milk
- 20g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons garam masala (mixed Malaysian spice)
- ½ broccoli
- 200g green beans
1. Slice the garlic, onion and vegetables .
2. Add some water to the spices to make a paste.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
4. Add the onion, garlic and spices, cook until the onion is cooked.
5. Then add the coconut milk, ground almonds and the sugar.
6. Simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Take off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
8. While waiting stir-fry vegetables (except baby spinach) in pan.
9. Place the contents of sauce into the food processor and process until the sauce is smooth. (Can skip this step if no food processor)
10. Skin the chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.
11. Place the chicken breasts into a saucepan with vegetables.
12. Add the sauce and bring to a simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
13. Stir through spinach leaves and serve with rice.