- Cooking time 40 minutes
- 1 x sweet potato (peeled and cut into thin strips. I prefer to steam the sweet potato in the microwave for 5 minutes before cutting to make it easier to slice)
- 2 x zucchini (one grated and the other sliced into thin strips)
- 1 x carrot grated
- 5 x mushrooms (diced)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 500g lean 5 star mince
- 1 small tub of tomato paste
- 3 x tins diced tomatoes with herbs
- 1 tin brown lentils
- lite ricotta cheese
- lite mozzarella cheese
1.Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius.
2. Cook garlic, onions & mushrooms in a small spray of olive oil until soft.
3. Add mince and cook until brown.
4. Add in lentils, grated zucchini & carrot.
5. stir in tomato past, diced tomatoes & pepper to taste
6. In a baking dish place 1/4 of the mince mixture, layer with sliced sweet potato, top with another 1/4 mince mixture, layer with zucchini slices, top with another 1/4 mince mixture, layer with remaining sliced sweet potato, add remaining mince mixture and top with remaining vegetable slices.
7. Spread a few spoons of ricotta cheese on top and sprinkle with mozzarella and pepper. Place in oven and cook for ~20 minutes at 160 degrees.
8. Serve with a side salad or vegetables