- Cooking time 20 minutes
- Gluten free
- Low in fat
- High in protein and calcium
- Provides 2 serves of vegetables
- 200g thin vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 400g prawns (or meat of choice)
- 1/3 cup laksa paste
- 4 cups reduced-salt seafood stock
- 20 snow peas, trimmed
- 425g can baby corn, drained, halved
- 375ml can coconut-flavored light evaporated milk
- 1 pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- Bean sprouts for topping
1. Place noodles into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 15 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil. Cook capsicum, onion and prawns over medium-low heat for 4–5 minutes, until golden.
3. Transfer to a large saucepan, add paste and stock and bring to the boil. Add snow peas and corn and simmer for 2–3 minutes. Stir through evaporated milk.
4. Divide noodles between bowls. Top with soup and garnish with onion and bean sprouts.
|1830kJ / 437cal||Sugars 18g|
|Protein 28g||Dietary Fibre 3.7g|
|Total Fat 7.7g||Sodium 1270mg|
|Sat Fat 2.3g||Calcium 127mg|
|Carbs 51g||Iron 4mg|
Note: Recipe adapted from Australian Healthy Food guide http://www.healthyfoodguide.com.au