- Costs $2.25 per serve
- Hands-on cooking time 20 minutes
- Cooking time 70 minutes
- Gluten free
- Low in kJs, fat and sodium
- High in protein
- Provides 3 serves of vegetables
- 4 large brushed potatoes (about 200–250g each)
- Olive oil spray
- 1 small red onion finely sliced
- 2 clove of garlic crushed
- 1/2 capsicum, finely diced
- 1/2 cup corn, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch of chilli flakes
- 200g Heart Smart beef mince
- 400g can no-added-salt kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar
- 1/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
- 2 cups baby rocket, to serve
- Avocado, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Scrub potatoes and pat dry with paper towel; prick all over with a fork. Wrap each in foil and place on a baking tray; bake for 1 hour, or until soft when pierced with a skewer. Leave cooked potatoes to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with olive oil; set over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and spices; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add beef mince and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes, or until mince browns.
3. Add beans, corn, carrot and tomatoes to pan with 1/3 cup water to make filling; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Partially cover pan and simmer for 20 minutes, or until filling sauce thickens.
4. Unwrap potatoes; discard foil. Score potato tops with a large cross; press sides to split. Spoon filling into potatoes, scatter with cheese and return to oven; bake for 5–10 more minutes, or until filling is hot and cheese melts.
5. Top each potato with a dollop of yoghurt, season with black pepper and serve with rocket and avocado.
|1570kJ / 375cal||Sugars 6.2g|
|Protein 25.9g||Dietary Fibre 11.6g|
|Total Fat 7.1g||Sodium 222mg|
|Sat Fat 3.1g||Calcium 215mg|
|Carbs 44.8g||Iron 3.7mg|
Note: Recipe adapted from Australian Healthy Food guide http://www.healthyfoodguide.com.au